11 April 2014

3rd Mood Blanket (100/365)

(Crochet * Stash-buster)

Granny Stripes with a Twist
As I shared before, I am taking part of the “Mood Blanket Challenge”.  But instead of making one huge blanket, I am making several baby ones.  This is the third blanket of the year, reaching 100 squares (or granny stripes) so far…and 265 more to go.  This blanket is made with granny stripes…with a twist:
Como les compartí al inicio del año, estoy participando en el Reto “Mood Blanket”.  Pero en lugar de hacer una frazada gigante, decidí hacer varias para bebé.  Esta es la tercera manta de bebé del año, alcanzando un total de 100 cuadros (o franjas)…y aún faltan 265 hasta el final del año.  Esta manta está hecha con franjas de la abuelita (granny)…con un nuevo giro:










I started this blanket with a row of flower granny squares (check for chart here: Sunburst-likeMotif).  Then I made the rest of the blanket with granny stripes (check for chart here: Blankets with GrannyStripes).  The last row was then joined (as-you-go) to another row of flower squares.  This was a kind of experiment, so there was a little bit of “make, unravel and remake”, but I am glad it worked out at the end.
My mom is also taking part of the Mood Challenge, and she made her own version of this blanket too, which I will show you next week…

Comencé haciendo esta manta con una hilera de cuadritos florales (patrón gráfico: Sunburst-like motif).  El resto lo hice con “franjas de la abuelita” (granny stripes; patrón gráfico acá).  Por último, la franjas se unen con una última hilera de cuadritos florales.  Esto fue una especia de experimento, así que tuve que hacer y deshacer varias veces, y me alegro que al final funcionó.
Mi mamá también está participando del reto, y en la próxima ocasión les mostraré las versiones que ella tejió…


15 comments:

  1. Gosh you are so talented and so fast!!!!! I love it and love the little peek at the shoes you were wearing, I'd love a pair.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wunderschön!
    Liebe Grüße,*Manja*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is pretty and very nice, but all of yours are. I love the arrangement of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your blankets! The sunburst with the stripes is a great combination...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colours - I like this blanket very much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one Ana it, looks lovely with the different variations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Una manta maravillosa. Me gusta mucho, como todo lo que haces. Felicitaciones y buena semana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ana, this is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors you're using and the combination of squares and stripes is stunning! I invite you to come share it at my link-a-long at www.GoCrochetCrazy.blogspot.com . I think everyone will enjoy seeing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Great color combination :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola, Ana esta muy linda la manta y la combinacion de colores te quedo hermosa, me gusto tambien los graanys, una buena idea que tengo pendiente. Besitos y que tengas un lindo dia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, as always Ana! The colors are perfect for spring!
    Will you come link some of your wonderful yarn creations to the yarn link party I put up for the yarn series?? Thanks again for guest posting!

    Yarn it All! Link Party on Bugaboo Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colors and pattern !!!!
    You are doing a really good job !!!
    Thanks for your visit !
    Have a nice week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Se ve muy suave la manta, y los colores combinan muy bien.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing this on the link-a-long at www.GoCrochetCrazy.blogspot.com ! I hope to see you again at this week's link party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your baby blanket is adorable. It's a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete

Your words count...
Tus palabras cuentan...