04 May 2015

Spring Poncho

(Crochet * special guest: Beatriz)

Spring poncho…
Un poncho primaveral…






My mom made a granny poncho, using some of her cotton stash, which makes it perfect for spring.   She went for green and neutral tones, with a touch of purple.  For a special touch, she used the Mosaic Stitch for the border.  I have to confess that I am feeling inspired to make one for myself (maybe soon!)
Mi mamá se tejió un poncho en ganchillo con puntada granny.  Está hecho con algodón en tonos verdes, neutrales y un toque de morado.  Para darle un toque especial, el borde final lo hizo en punto mosaico.  Debo confesar que me están dando ganas de hacerme uno (¡tal vez pronto!).

Pattern @ Drops Design: Granny Poncho
(patrón también disponible en español @ Drops Design)


16 comments:

  1. Muy chulo!!Me encantan los colores.
    Anímate, quedan muy favorecedores.
    Bss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful poncho, the colors are perfect.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poncho, the colours are beautiful. The match perfect with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors, I love this poncho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice! I want one too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This poncho is great, it suits to your mom! (And by the way, what a fantastic wooden footpath behind ...) :-) Greetings, Sabine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sabine, I love the wwoden path too :-)

      Delete
  7. Very nice ! I love it ! Greetings Tinne

    ReplyDelete
  8. This poncho is really lovely. The colours match nicely. Do you know which yarn she used? It looks like a cotton yarn. I already thought about making myself another poncho from cotton yarn, as well. But I don't know if is is too heavy in the end. Best wishes, Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Viola, cotton can be heavy at times. I think the clue is to use a light weight cotton (DK, fingering, fine) My mom used a cotton from Peru called Sello Azul, with 4 mm hook,, and it does not feel heavy at all.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Esta precioso!!!! Y luce muy bien!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Mum looks lovely wearing the poncho Ana the colours are lovely together. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful! I love the colors she chose, and it really fits her! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! And what a lovely photo of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty poncho!! A great color combination and it suits your mom very well :-)
    Sunny greetings, Nata

    ReplyDelete

Your words count...
Tus palabras cuentan...